Thursday, October 2, 2008

Seeing the future

Blogging for cookies.: "I see potential. I see danger. I see chaos and hope. That wasn't meant to be poetic or 'seer' like. Really I have neither optimism nor pessimism for the Internets political potential. It's a new medium to be explored and exploited. Like with the presentations about Twitter, politics online gives more and more people a chance to be active and interactive with their feelings. It also allows people to be angry and frustrated by dealing with those so radically different. It gives everyone a chance: from the email only user to the obsessive gamer. It allows for miscommunication and false stories to spread. When we allow a more diverse group to get together more often and potentially uncensored- it is a chaotic mess of people hoping to feed from that very chaos."

1 comment:

Jen, the Cookie Empress said...

Wow I really sounded like Miss Cleo for part of that. Makes me feel stupid T_T (le sigh)