Oh E you slay me: "On the whole, I disagree with Andrejevic's perspective that interactivity is taking complete advantage of the consumer and that we are just sitting there and letting it happen. As he puts it, 'not only does the public remain undisturbed, not only does it watch, but it participates in the spectacle of its own manipulation' (pg. 243). I guess this may put me in the boat that he talks about, but I still disagree that interactivity is some big scary beast that we are all ignorantly ignoring. There are benefits, such as having advertisements of products we may be interested in, or the fact that we are all connected by technology more than ever before. Also, Andrejevic speaks about the idea that we are all becoming drones doing the same mindless tasks day in and day out on page 251. That may be a chunk of factory workers or minimum wage workers, but how about all the people out on Wall Street (not sure how long that will last), educators, and all the other people who are out there contributing to society as much as they can. I just completely disagree that we are becoming 'numbed down citizens' (pg. 251)."
France - Afrique Du Sud : Sans forcer, la france surclasse l'afrique du sud.
-
Les bleus sont de retour! Eurosport est votre source privilégiée pour les
dernières mises à jour des matches de matches amicaux. Les offres pour ce
matc...
4 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment