Business/corporate/marketing folks: you might want to consider the pros and cons of free content.
Michael Moore's SLACKER UPRISING press: "TRAVERSE CITY , MI (Sept. 4 , 2008) -- After 20 years of making groundbreaking films and setting box office records -- from 'Roger & Me' to 'Bowling for Columbine' to 'Sicko' – Oscar-winning filmmaker Michael Moore has decided to thank his many fans by giving them a download of his newest film , 'Slacker Uprising , ' for free. This will be the first major feature-length film by a noted director to debut for free via the internet."
France - Afrique Du Sud : Sans forcer, la france surclasse l'afrique du sud.
-
Les bleus sont de retour! Eurosport est votre source privilégiée pour les
dernières mises à jour des matches de matches amicaux. Les offres pour ce
matc...
4 years ago

6 comments:
People can get bootlegged copies of almost anything online. By putting it online already, you prevent anyone getting it illegally. You may become more popular. At this point, how would we keep track of royalties? Would it be like the print credits we have here at school? I can print out "X" number or view "X" of stuff that I would originally have to pay for?
Agreed. Even if the link to the movie was not put online, someone, somewhere, somehow would get a copy and put it online for anyone to watch.
I think Michael Moore is allowing people to view his film for free to gain some recognition for being the first person to do so and also to gain popularity. I understand he says he is doing it for personal reasons and its near his 20th anniversary of his first movie, but something else seems to be beneath the surface. Why wouldn't he want to make money?
Either way, I think the movie sends a great message, and if it is free, I'll watch it!
Sam
i think he's doing it to make a point...kind of like the way Professor Dean didn't show up to class the first day and instead left a blog up on screen. Definitely sparks my interest...enough to actually make a point to see the film.
-Adrienne
I personally am not a huge Michael Moore fan, but that is a topic for another day. This though is the wave of the future. I think that lots of people are thinking this is the new way to make some money in alternative ways. I know for example in the music world, some artists have made their hit song or albums available for free download to attract fans. A cool example is Coldplay which had a free concert at MSG to boost album sales.
More is capitalizing on the fact that the Internet is viewed by billions of people and this is a fast and easy way to get is propaganda out to the masses.
Post a Comment