Friday, October 24, 2008

For Tuesday (and beyond)

Reminder:

---for Tuesday read my chapter in the Boler book and the Shirkey article (Weblogs, Powerlaws, and Inequality on the resource list); ask yourself (and write a blog post) why I might be wrong--what are three things that you disagree with in my chapter?

--for Thursday: teaching day! come to class prepared to teach us (you should plan not to go over 5 minutes)

--for the course as a whole: it's nearly November. Have you decided on a topic for your final project? What are you going to do? Keep in mind, the project should entail as much time and effort as a 20-25 page research paper (although it need not be a research paper). I urge you to talk to me about it. Although you do not have to present your final project to the class, I hope most people will consider doing so. Presentations will occur the last two weeks of class.

No comments: