Sunday, October 26, 2008

Reflecting on video day

Honest to Blog: "I don't remember who said it in class, but I completely agree with the point that making the videos forced us to have more than just conceptual understanding of Rebooting America. We had to go beyond the powerpoint with the 'key points from the book' and connect to real, concrete, visual examples that meant something, not just abstract concepts. We had to have a real interaction with the book in order to create something that was creative and entertaining. Within my group, I found that those who had a actually read Rebooting America and had a good understanding of it made a more valuable contribution to the overall video presentation."

2 comments:

Becky, Sam, Merel, James, Adrienne, Asa said...

You couldn't have said it better. Connecting Rebooting to our videos helped to tie everything together, which i guess was the point...So yeah, it was helpful. It was an engaging process as well...it was up to me (and my group members) to constantly go back and forth from Rebooting to our video in order to make connections.


-Adrienne

BG said...

I agree as well with the role Rebooting America played in the videos. Yes a very engaging process which required all group members to come with something valuable to share. Our group was cohesive and worked well together.